Exciting Spring Updates from the Society!
Spring has arrived in Truro, and we have a lot of exciting things in store at the museum for the upcoming season. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- We will be dedicating the museum office to Susan Howe, with a plaque and signage.
- Donations in memory to Susan Howe will fund The Susan Howe Music & Speaker Series. The Board is working on special scheduling.
- The Wampanoag Tribe will be installing a Wet8 (‘Wetu’) on June 3rd, and we’re planning celebrations on both April 22nd and June 3rd. Visit the home page or Events calendar for more details.
- We’ve successfully inventoried, stored and labeled our major artwork.
- Selective exhibits will now have QR codes for visitors to scan and learn more.
- We’re upgrading our modem and improving WiFi coverage – fingers crossed for great results!
- Our website has been recently updated and reorganized.
- The Gift Shop area is getting a makeover and will have new items in stock.
- We’re currently working on a Volunteer Resource Guide for all volunteers with procedures, history, and other information related to the Society and Truro history.
Janice Pelosi and Barbara Kearney will be collectively managing the Society’s operations. We cannot wait to see you this summer!
We’d love to have you join us again this season. Please let us know your availability and preferred day/time shifts.