JOBI POTTERY was founded in 1953 in the tiny town of Truro, on Cape Cod, Massachusetts by Joe Colliano and Bill Hastings, known as ‘The Jobis’. The shop was located near the Cape Cod Highland Lighthouse in a converted hot dog stand. When the Cape Cod National Seashore was created in the late 1960’s, the Jobis moved their shop to North Truro and eventually sold the business to Lee and Elizabeth Locke, who ran Truro Crafters until it closed in 2002. Each owner has put their own distinctive mark on Jobi Pottery. The Jobis created the traditional designs, the Lockes added a blue lighthouse and seagull design, and Susan Kurtzman, who restarted the business in 2003, has created new colors and new patterns each year.